GT1588 has grown rapidly on Facebook this year thanks to our wonderful community of almost 10,000 supportive fans – thank you!
To celebrate we’re launching a new initiative ‘Your Shout’ that gives you, our fans, centre stage.
Every Friday we want to post content inspired or created by you on the themes of Sikh heritage, history and traditions. Here are some ideas to get you started:
Ever had a burning question that you’ve never had a satisfying answer to? Or seen an issue in the news that has made you want to explore further? Ask the experts in our GT1588 team or raise it with the GT1588 community as a Thought for the Day.
Have you stumbled across an unknown piece of Sikh history on your travels? Or maybe found an exciting or unusual story or artefact in your own family? Share it on GT1588 so others can appreciate your discovery too.
Has Sikh history or your heritage been a source of inspiration to you? Have you created your own masterpiece as a result, be it a painting, photograph, poem or story? We’d like to showcase your budding talent on the GT1588 page to inspire others. If someone you know deserves credit for their success or for the work they have done in the community, tell us about them.
Just to add there are no deadlines for sending us your content and no age restrictions so parents, please get the kids involved too!
Please read our submission guidelines below.
Thank you and good luck! We look forward to receiving your inspirational contributions.
Guidelines for Submission
How to submit:
Please send all submissions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to submit:
If you are submitting your own work, please see the list below. If you wish to share something you’ve found online please send us the weblink and we’ll take it from there.
For all submissions please provide your name and contact number PLUS the following info (where applicable):
- Link to the item.
- Short descriptions of the blog and its author (max. 25 words each = 50 words total).
- If you are the copyright holder, send us an image in jpeg file format of 72 dpi / minimum size 853 x 853 pixels – this will be branded with the GT1588 logo and caption (see the FB page for examples).
- If you are not the copyright holder, please obtain a written notification from the copyright holder granting us permission to publish their work – please be sure to inform them beforehand that all images are branded with the GT1588 logo.
- Wording for the credit line, i.e. Image courtesy of <name here>.
- Word document or in an email (max. 300 words) – longer submissions will be only be considered if the GT1588 editorial board deem them to be of a sufficient high standard and the subject matter warrants a longer post.
- Your ‘pen name’ (if preferred over actual name).
- Accompanying image (if available) in jpeg file format of 72 dpi / minimum size 853 x 853 pixels (please note that we reserve the right to choose an alternative image).
- Wording for the image credit line (if applicable), i.e. Image courtesy of <Name>.
In addition to the above, please read the following important information:
- This opportunity is open to all members of the public over 16 (submissions for entrants under 16 must be made by a parent or guardian).
- There is no limit to how many submissions you make but please note we cannot guarantee that any will be published, either in part or in full.
- Copyright remains with the author, however in the event your submission is chosen you are granting GT1588 permission to publish it on GT1588 websites, social media sites and other mediums as we deem fit; it may also be re-used at any point in the future.
- The GT1588 editorial team reserve the right to edit submissions as they see fit.
- The decision of the GT1588 editorial team is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
By entering a submission you are deemed to have agreed to the above terms & conditions.